Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Journey Notebook


  

In my Journey Notebook there are various elements which can represent my inner and outer journey. On the frontal part of my notebook there are pictures which represent my outer journey. These are places that I hope to one day visit or I have already visited like Steps beach in Rincón, P.R. or Camp Nou in Barcelona, Spain. This is a place I have always wanted to visit because I'm a Barça fan. For me, reaching this stadium would be the pinnacle of my journey through sports all together.

Mi inner journey is located on the dorsal part of the notebook. this symbolizes that the inner self is not so clear and that one must go past the outer journey to reach the inner one. In here I've included various pictures because the inner workings of my mind are more complex. There are various pictures which depict human anatomy. These photos are included because of my passion: medicine. Since I want to become an excellent physician, I have included these photos to remind myself of what I want in the future (Caduceus, the left bottom image). Another photo shows a stairway which leads into light. This symbolizes two things: our spiritual realization and our quest for knowledge. Another picture shows eerie woods. These represent human mystery and  the fragile balance one must have in the mind.



Finally there is a picture which depicts a masonic stained glass with a lot of symbolism and various elements which have some meaning in our fraternity. This has been the best decision I have taken because through this fraternity I have grown personally, matured a lot and, overall, transformed into  a better self. These elements represent my mind; where ideas roam free and there is always a session in which there is a broad and open discussion between what I am thinking vs. what I'm doing. Of course I cannot talk and describe much of the imagery and symbolism of what you're about to see; I'm taking those to the grave.
 
As you can see there is a lot going on throughout my internal and external journeys. A very important aspect of each individual's journey is that it may change as you are treading through it. There are other pictures in my Journey Journal, but I just mentioned those that have the most meaning to me.

2 comments:

  1. Captivating metaphorical representation about your journal in relation to your inner and outer journey pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to both your inner and external journey, since I am also pursuing a career in medicine and my favorite sport team is FC Barcelona. I believe that the images you chose represent and visualize your journeys perfectly.

    ReplyDelete